As I told Kim in her last performance evaluation with me – she is quite probably the best direct report I have ever had.
Kim is one of my go-to’s for crafting excellent B2B marketing content. One of her articles even was published on TheNextWeb!
If Kim were a marketing campaign personified she’d be Apple’s “Think Different” — super creative, innovative and fun!
TRIM Agency | Fort Lauderdale, FL
November 2015 – Present
Director of Product Strategy: As the lead strategist on a small, agile team, the only constant is that no two days are ever the same. Here are some things I did this month.
– Facilitated a Google Design Sprint
– Executed App Store Optimization techniques to increase a client’s app store ranking by more than 100%
– Wireframed, art directed and QA’d a website
– Built a financial model for an app, to help the client determine a viable business model
Techstars | Boston, MA
August 2014 – November 2014
Associate: Associates are hired to be a jack-of-all-trades to the companies in the Techstars Accelerator. I worked across 12 diverse startups for a fixed 3-month contract to help them launch and prepare for Demo Day. During this time I also researched and wrote my Masters Thesis on designing collaborative workspaces for startups.
At Techstars, I mainly focused on UX and marketing projects:
– Led workshops for CEOs and Techstars staff on developing customer personas and user journey mapping
– Created surveys and executed customer interviews to define target markets
– Created content seen by nearly 300,000 people including email marketing content, website copy and blog posts.
– Wrote a grant proposal that raised $150k in funding.
The Image Group | Cayman Islands
2010 – 2013
Associate Director of Marketing: Self-directed management position reporting to the COO for a $400MM photo technology company in the cruise industry. Led a team of 3 in-house graphic designers and a remote global network of marketing managers on board cruise ships, effectively managing:
Product Marketing: Led projects to streamline the customer’s shopping experience. Collaborated with Product, IT and Customer Service teams to analyze and refine each touchpoint.
– Used Google Analytics, journey mapping and customer interviews to understand why and how customers buy cruise photo souvenirs. Created tutorials and help content to educate customers and optimize the user journey, resulting in a 20% increase in conversion rates
– Oversaw all customer communications such as email marketing, cross-sell and upsell messages, operational emails and general announcements
Branding: Executed projects to define and differentiate the Image corporate brand and the customer-facing product portfolio.
– Managed the strategy, design and launch of new corporate and consumer brand identities
– Launched refreshed corporate website acting as content curator, copywriter and project manager. Monthly pageviews and leads increased an average of 36% and 41%, respectively
– Defined brand standards by creating a brand manual and training presentation to launch and educate internal and client partner teams on the brand identity
Campaign Management: Implemented marketing campaigns that aligned to corporate, global and regional priorities. Defined program elements, ensuring consistent execution, adherence to brand, metrics tracking, workflow and delivery. Built relationships with Product, Marketing and Finance teams to understand strategic opportunities and priorities. Applied project management skills and advised internal stakeholders on high-level deliverables, timelines and metrics.
FCB, Starcom, BVK | Chicago, IL
2005 – 2010
Digital Media Buyer: Managed digital media strategy and buying for brands including Pledge, OFF!, Scrubbing Bubbles, Oracle and Southwest Airlines.
– Managed online lead generation and branding campaigns. Planned, negotiated, and implemented new campaigns for both display and search
– Collaborated with vendors to develop unique branded content, including interactive games, contests and video series
– Optimized keywords, ad copy and landing pages with A/B testing
– Motivated team of 3 assistant planners to be autonomous self-starters who drove positive change in the agency
Masters in Digital Media Management | Hyper Island
Graduated January 2015
Bachelor of Arts in Advertising and Strategic Communications | University of Wisconsin-Madison
Graduated with Honors, May 2004